Maple- Pecan Grilled BANANAS
Bananas grill right in their skins and become deliciously caramelized with a coating of maple syrup. A sprinkle of toasted pecans makes them even more special! Credit to Weight Watchers for this fabulous recipe.
PREP TIME: 12 mins
TOTAL TIME: 24 mins
2 large bananas, ripe but not firm
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
4 spray(s) of cooking spray
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp Fulton's Organic Maple Syrup, divided
1. Trim stem ends of bananas; halve lengthwise through peels (leave peels on) and set aside.
2. Put pecans in a small nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pecans smell toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. With heat off, coat outdoor grill or stove top grill with cooking spray; heat to medium.
4. Sprinkle cut sides of bananas with cinnamon; lightly brush with 1tsp maple syrup. Cook, cut sides-down, until grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until bananas start to pull away from peel and soften, 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove bananas from grill; place on a serving platter. Brush cut sides of bananas with remaining maple syrup; sprinkle with pecans (dust with additional cinnamon if desired).
6. Serving size: 1 banana half per person.
Serving hint: chop the bananas and serve over Greek yogurt, low-fat ice cream or whole grain waffles.