12 Tips for a Great Visit
During the Maple Season
1. We are open mid-February until mid-April. Weekdays: 9am -3pm / Weekends 8am - 3pm. Please visit fultons.ca or click here for the annual dates. If, in the case of emergency or severe weather resulting in any change to our hours or activities, we will post an update on our Facebook page. Be sure to sign up for our monthly Newsletter. Follow our social media platforms Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: @fultonsmaple.
2. We are a 100% smoke, vape and waterpipe (hookah) free property.
3. As we have a resident farm dog and horses on site occasionally, we kindly remind you we do not allow pets on the property (unless in the case of a licensed service dog).
4. Horse-drawn Sleigh/Wagon Rides & Maple Taffy: available between 10am - 2pm every weekend, Family Day Monday, Ontario March Break and all four days of Easter Weekend. Rides & Maple Taffy are not available during the week unless in the case of a prearranged group. Both are priced $3 (cash only) and we have an ATM on site. No tickets are needed for the sleigh/wagon rides - just pay the Sleigh Operator.
5. Reservations are not offered in the Pancake House Restaurant unless in the case of a pre-arranged group of 30 or more, Monday to Friday only. We are a first-come, first-served facility. Here is a link to our Menu. We are an old fashioned, order-at-the-griddle-counter-and-find-seating-as-it-becomes-available type restaurant. Be sure to pass the Maple Syrup to your neighbour at the table! We will keep your table well stocked with Fulton's Organic Maple Syrup - enough to satisfy your sweet tooth and more!
6. We are not certified nut free (as we sell Maple Peanut Brittle in the Maple Gift Shoppe) but can assure you we do not use nuts in any of our menu items. We kindly remind all guests we do not allow outside food or beverage in the Restaurant for the safety and health of all our guests. Thank you for your cooperation.
7. We are pleased to offer many complimentary elements to your visit: no admission fees, free parking, four hiking trails as well as trail games, a small sliding hill (as long as the snow lasts) a playground as well as campfires & live music on select dates. Trails are not professionally groomed but happily shared on our working maple farm. You may have to "duck under" or "step over" pipeline on some trails.
8. Come dressed for an outdoor adventure! Layered outdoor clothing, snow pants, waterproof footwear, mittens, mittens/gloves, extra stocks...you get the picture. Your visit will be much more memorable and fun if you are warm and dry. Please keep in mind we have a limited indoor waiting area.
9. Parking is close by the Pancake House Restaurant. Your vehicle is a great place to store the extra outdoor clothing and gear. Be prepared for soft ground and mud in our rural parking area, especially as Spring approaches.
10. Especially on weekends, please come expecting to wait in line. This may mean waiting outdoors (thus the warm, layered clothing ). This is a great time to review the menu so you're ready to order, chat with your neighbour, enjoy the samples we may be sharing, take your wee ones to the playground (while a member of your group keeps your place in line). For larger groups, we kindly ask that you be prepared to divide into smaller groups as seating becomes available.
11. For those requiring assistance, please bring your guest(s) to the Maple Gift Shoppe door where you will find an accessible entrance to the Pancake House Restaurant. Please let our staff know your loved one would like to wait inside while you take your place in line.
12. Will we be boiling sap during your visit? This is probably THE most asked question and the truth is - we never know! Producing our beautiful, organic maple syrup is weather dependent and Mother Nature decides on the best days and times to boil. The good news is we love to talk maple, so be sure to bring your questions to the team. Informal tours of our Sugar Camp (Maple Syrup Production Building) are available on weekends and holidays (see tour times posted on the Sugar Camp door). If you arrive during the week, just let our staff know you would like to take a peek inside the Sugar Camp.
PARKING AND ADMISSION IS ALWAYS FREE!
We invite you, your family and friends to share in our Canadian tradition of
Making Maple Memories
We do not allow visiting pets on the property (unless a licensed Service Dog)
as we have resident dogs and horses on site.